Grand Cayman: Truly Paradise
Submitted On 2008-10-27
Grand Cayman is globally famous especially amongst tourists for its spectacular attractions like diving and snorkeling. It is the largest of the three Cayman Islands. Other two islands are Cayman Barc and Little Cayman. All three islands are located in western Caribbean Sea and governed as British overseas territory. The biggest tragedy with this island is lack of natural fresh water. Besides that, it was severely devastated by hurricane Ivan in 2004. In spite of such glaring disasters, it is shining on the horizon of tourism industry.
Tourism Industry in Grand Cayman
Tourism in Grand Cayman shares approximately 50% of GDP. Beside stunning locations, island offer fine dining, drinking, diving, snorkeling, lodging and shopping facilities.
9) Cayman Turtle Farm is famous for its wide varieties of turtle collections. From tiniest to over 400 pounds weighted turtles are available here.
10) Cemetery Beach is located on the northern end of seven mile beach. It is simply gorgeous spot with snorkeling right off shore.
11) Cayman Island national museum, Cayman Maritime treasure museum and Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park are very close to each other and hence, it becomes the major tourist hub of the island.
12) Festivals like Batabano, Gimistory, and Pirates Week Festival fall in the month of April and November. These festival seasons induce huge tourist inflow in the island.
13) The most alluring moment for youngsters is available here in form of rental cars and scooters. But, your age must be 21 years or above.
14) Cruise ships are another great enjoyable experience here. George Town is immensely popular port especially for a many cruise lines in western Caribbean itineraries.
15) Cayman Islands vacation is famous for golf as well. Usually, five star resort culture is extremely popular here amongst golf lovers. Numerous fantastic golf centers are located here and each one is equally good. These centers are also famous for international golf events.
16) Underwater tourist spots may be a strange and incredible idea but it is possible here in Stingray city. It is made up of series of shallow water sand bars. It provides exclusive opportunity to interact with marine animals.
Weather & Tourism in Grand Cayman
Average temperature of the island revolves around 29-390c during summer. In winter it falls up to 190c and average remains 200c. Oceanic trench in this island has exceptional visibility. So, temperature and visibility creates here an ideal situation for scuba diving.
Thus, Grand Cayman Island is certainly a grand tourist location. Here are wide varieties of attractions right from stunning sights to beaches and golf courses. Ideal climate condition is additional advantage with this island. Even government is paying sincere attention towards tourism here and prominently helping in infrastructure development. It was obvious as well because more than 50% total GDP comes from tourism industry.
Grand Cayman Island, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands Vacation
Ezine Subscription Info:
This Ezine has been Viewed 4990 time(s).