Selling a Vacation Home For Sale By Owner Can be a Challenge
Submitted On 2008-03-13
Selling a vacation home For Sale By Owner can be a challenge. If you live out of the area, scheduling appointments for buyers to view the home can be time consuming. So how can you maximize exposure for your vacation home or other remote property?
A property specific website is a great way to pre-sell your vacation home to potential buyers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week no appointment or long drive necessary.
Here are five tips for creating a real estate website for your For Sale By Owner property:
1. Sell the lifestyle. When buyers need a primary home for their family, they are more likely to focus on fundamentals such as 3 bedrooms, a good school district, and an easy commute. A vacation home is a lifestyle. Write a description that engages the buyer. For example, instead of hot tub you can describe and evening of sitting under the stars sipping locally grown wine in a private hot tub.
2. Sell the area. When buying a primary home, buyers are restricted to certain areas by employment, schools, and family. When purchasing a vacation home, buyers have more freedom and may be considering several different locations. Describe the experience of your vacation home. For example: "Wake to the sounds of the ocean, walk to town for morning coffee, and spend an afternoon on the uncrowned beaches."
3. Capture the lifestyle visually. A picture says a thousand words, so take photos of more than bathrooms and exteriors. Are you selling a ski cabin? Take photos of skiers and snowboarders. Are you selling a quiet cabin in the redwoods? Photograph the light streaming through the trees in late afternoon. Create an online visual tour that promotes a relaxing getaway.
4. Create a descriptive domain name. Although many property specific websites can focus on a specific address such 348elm.com, a descriptive domain name can be a powerful marketing tool in selling your vacation home [http://www.home4salebyu.com]. For example, vailskicondo.com or blueoahucottage.com can help your URL stand out in a buyers mind.
5. Promote, promote, promote! You never know who is looking for a vacation home in your area, so promote your vacation home in a wide variety of locations. Free classified ad websites such as Craigslist or Kijiji are great ways to promote your vacation home at no cost.
A property specific website is a creative way to reach buyers for your vacation property, even if it is in a remote location. You can schedule appointments to meet buyers who are already pre-sold on your vacation home, creating a more effective use of your time. You can create a fast, easy, affordable property website in just minutes at http://www.home4salebyu.com/createapropertywebsite.aspx.
vacation homes for sale, homes for sale by owner,
Ezine Subscription Info:
This Ezine has been Viewed 5808 time(s).